Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic LeVasseur

Default Importing data into Excel

David,

You are very welcome. I hope you get it working well. I have to work with a
lot of imported data as well and it is always interesting massaging it into a
format that Excel can work with.

Another try if you're interested is to highlight the column in question,
then go to Edit:Replace

Type 0010 while holding down the <Alt key in the Find box.

In the Replace box type a character that you can then use Data:Text to
Columns on. Such as a colon.

Have fun!

"DGMarsh" wrote:

Dominic,

Thank you so much! I have not had an opportunity to try this, but I'm sure
that it will either work or that you've put me on the right track. I used to
write code so I'm sure I can tackle it from here. Sometimes I forget about
those old skills when I'm dealing with a product that usually operates at a
higher level; thanks for the refresher!

David Marsh
Seattle