Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ltat42a

Default How to count data in 2 columns

Thanx Ron...I think that will work much better than trying to use sums &
counts formulas for each person. The only thing I need to figure out is,
the list of names and hours will be constantly growing. Once I make the
pivot table, do I have to re-make it again if I add to the data?

The pivot table I made resides on a different worksheet than the data.
The data worksheet will continue to grow with names and hours on a
daily or weekly basis - all year long.

Jim

Ron Coderre Wrote:
Ltat42a

Here's a jumpstart on the Pivot Table process:

First, make sure your data table has column titles (EmpName, Amount,
etc)

From the Excel main menu:
<Data<Pivot Table
Use: Excel
Select your data
Click the [Layout] button

ROW: Drag the EmpName field here
DATA: Drag the Amount field here
If it doesn't list as Sum of Amount...dbl-click it and set it to Sum.
Click [OK]
Select where you want the Pivot Table...and you're done!

That will list each EmpName and the sum of their respective amounts.

To refresh the Pivot Table, just right click it and select Refresh
Data

To learn about the other options Pivot Tables offer, check the links
that Bob Phillips posted.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ron