Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting

Hi
I am trying to create a holiday planner for the GP practice where I
work, and have have inserted a number for available appointments a GP
has in cell B1, but when they go on holiday I insert a H in cell A1 and
it turns yellow, and in cell B1 I want it to change to overide the
number of appointments by placing a 0 and also turning it yellow, I can
get the colour to change but not the number, I have used formula is:
=IF(A1="H",0) but it is not working, it works as a basic if function
but not in conditional formatting, please help.

Thank You

Pam