Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Default Lookup two different columns

Sunryzz Wrote:
I keep getting N/A for the answer, but I can't figure out why. Here is
my
formula.

=INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A1:A10=Sheet1 !A2)*(Sheet2!B1:B10=Sheet1!B2),0))

Try some formulas to see which part is failing. It appears that you
expect that somewhere on rows 1 through 10 fo sheet 2, both a cell in A
is going to match what is in A2 of sheet 1 and a cell in B (of the same
row) is going to match what is in B2 of sheet 1. So try 2 different
formulas. Let's say that the row that you think should match both A
and B is row 2. Try a formula that tests this. Like a formula in
sheet1:
=A2=Sheet2!A2 If this does not return true, there is your problem.
Check for things like trailing spaces.
and =B2=Sheet2!B2 should also return true. Also, as I'm sure was
mentioned in the original post as this is an array formula it MUST be
entered using Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter.

--
Kevin Vaughn
Kevin Vaughn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34857