Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinShort

Default reference autofill.

One way of doing it would be to set up a helper column and use the
OFFSET function.

Try this on a blank sheet as an example:

For the helper column in this case column A enter 5, =A1+7, =A2+7, =
A3+7... so the column will display 5, 12,19, 26 etc.

In my example, I used column B as a numerical column 1,2,3,4,...to
prove a point; the aim being to pick off every 7th id which we will
come to next using the OFFSET function.

In cell C1 enter "=OFFSET(A1,A1+1,1)" and then fill this down - and you
have just picked up every 7th reference. All you need to do now is
modify the formula to work across sheets and you're there.

Enjoy

--
MartinShort

Software Tester