Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shadestreet

Default Can I change the names of multiple cells at once?

Never mind, I changed it to "right column" instead of "left column" and
it worked.

You mentioned that I should not delete column B, only clear the
contents. Just to test what happened I deleted it and everything seems
just fine, the names are still intact in column A. Is there some other
reason why you said not to delete column B?

Final question for anyone poking in this thread, Gord's tip is very
helpful, however, if I renamed the cells and then someone deletes a
row, Excel isn't smart enough to change the cell name reference. Is
there another method to achieve what I want where the cell names are
somehow updated?

Example, I rename A1, A2, and A3 "work1, work2, work3". If I delete
the 2nd row, the named cell "work3" is moved up to cell A2, and isn't
automatically renamed "work2", stays as work3.

Not too big of a problem, but would nice if this renaming could be
perfect.

Thanks

--
shadestreet