Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shadestreet

Default Can I change the names of multiple cells at once?

Your solution works only if I wanted to change the data in the cells,
but it is the actual name of the cell I want to change. I don't want
the cell to be called "A1", I want to refer to it as "hours1". I need
to change all cell names in the column, not the actual data.

Purpose is to write my formulas using the new names, so other users can
read the formulas and make sense of them.

(a formula that says "=widgets2/hours2" makes more sense than "=A2/B2")

--
shadestreet
shadestreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7092