Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default CSV file into the Excel

I think I'd make the windows list separator on the problem pc match the windows
list separator on the pcs that had no problem.

Under the Regional settings Applet under Windows control panel.

In winXP, you can click on the Advanced button on the "regional options" tab.

Then on the numbers tab, change the list separator character so that it matches
the data (usually a comma in the USA and a semicolon in Europe and who knows
what for you).

Drahos wrote:

Hi all,
can somebody help me? Usually when opening an CSV file in the Excel the
file is automatically loaded as the excel spreadsheet. But we have in the
office one PC where the CSV file is not automatically converted/imported into
different columns but it is imported/loaded as txt file where are rows only
and there are all data delimited by comma.
What is the reason for it? What should be done/set up to make that Excel
Application to load/import the CSV file automatically as an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks a lot.
Drahos.

--

Dave Peterson