Nick

Default Help!

I have a spreadsheet which consists of a separate worksheet for each month.

Each worksheet is holding data about the number of days a person is absent
and the number of occasions. For example, if a person has a whole week off
this will show as 5 days absent on one occasion.

At the end of each sheet is a column with totals the number of days and
another totals the number of columns. This data is then transferred to a
summary sheet which comprises pairs of colums containg the total days lost in
each month, and the total instances each month.

My problem comes when somebody is absent over the end of one month and the
start of the next. I need some way for the Summary sheet to recognise this as
one instance of absence. Putting one instance in each monthly sheet distorts
the average figure that I am calculating.

--
Nick