Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Default formating cells using formula rather than menus/VBA

You could use VBA, and change-event macros. But what do you find
objectionable about Conditional Formatting?.....it would seem the natural way
to do this.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Andreww" wrote:

Hi - Is this possible. I just want to colour a cell with blue blocks
without having to go and use format cells from menu.

Furthermore can I conditionally format (without going to the menu). For
instance can I say if value of cell A2 is 23 then colour it red else
blue etc.

Thanks

Andrew