Otto Moehrbach

Daniell
The VLookup formula does what you want. Look it up in Help. However,
using the VLookup formula when you have lots of data can be messy. If you
have a great deal of data, I would recommend a VBA solution. Post back if
this interests you. HTH Otto
"Daniell" wrote in message
I have a project that involves 6 worksheets all in the same workbook. What
need to do is get data from all the worksheet by a part number which is
common in all the worksheets. For example the driver worksheet has a
partnumber and datein field. The second worksheet has the partnumber,
storenumber, reorder point, leadtime, and others. The third worksheet has
the quanity, cost of last purchase, date of last purchase, cost at
previous
purchase, date of previous purchase and so on. The fourth worksheet has
the
partnumber, and all of the different other partnumbers that make the
primary
partnumber.

I guess to make a long story short is there a function that I can use to
read the first worksheet partnumber and then go to the second, third,
fourth
and so on and place all the data in another worksheet with all the cell
from
previous worksheets rerquested?

That in advance for the help.