Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero

Default Excell 2007????

Hi Del,

I have modified the sample 'Format Chart Lines' at
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx so that it plots circles of diameter
equal to the line thickness at the ends of each line. This has the effect of
smoothing out the jagged corners where two lines meet. Still not perfect,
but it might suit your needs.

When exporting to another application (e.g. PowerPoint), I have more success
building a chart in Excel that is close to the size I need, then copying as
a picture to the target app.

Ed Ferrero
http://www.edferrero.com

Thank you, but my particular charting need is for precise high-resolution
placement of data elements. By using drawing objects, your macro suffers
from the problem I have with every solution to Excel's weaknesses that
uses drawing objects: they don't line up precisely with the chart itself,
especially not when exported out to another application.