Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Default Advanced Filter problem

Somewhere on the worksheet, enter a couple of formulas to test the
control date, e.g.:
=Month($K$1)
=Year($K$1)

Do those formulas show the result you expected?

Then, test the date in a record with 200403 in the date column, using
the Month and Year functions, as above.

Do those formulas show the result you expected?

In the formula that I previously suggested for the criteria area:
=AND(MONTH(A2)=MONTH($K$1),YEAR(A2)=YEAR($K$1))

make sure that the reference to the control date cell is absolute: $K$1
and the reference to the data in the table is relative: A2

The formula will return the result for the first data row, so FALSE
result wouldn't affect the filter outcome.

R. Choate wrote:
I'm not sure how this will come through but we'll see. The dates are real but they are returned by formulas, eg
=IF(ISBLANK(J11),"",J11). each cell in that column has a copy of that formula. I used the date format yyyymm to make it look like
this (200403). It is not text.
There are rows below this which say 200404. I would expect only those rows to show when filtered. By the way, this is only one
column of many in the table.

Collection Month
200403
200403