Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R. Choate

Default Advanced Filter problem

Hi Debra,

That didn't work. The formula returned a "FALSE" and no rows were shown. Also, yesterday when I tried to use the AND function while
working on my own solution, it never worked. I did everything like you instructed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard
--
RMC,CPA

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message ...
In the criteria range, leave the heading cell blank.
In the cell below, enter a formula that refers to the control date, e.g.:

=AND(MONTH(A2)=MONTH($K$1),YEAR(A2)=YEAR($K$1))

where the control date is in cell K1, and the first date in the table is
in cell A2.

When you run the advanced filter, select the blank heading cell, and the
cell with the formula, as the criteria range.

R. Choate wrote:
This seems simple but I guess I'm more simple than the problem today. I have a basic list with a column of dates. The dates are
the
results of formulas and are formatted as yyyymm. Some of the formulas don't yield a date and so those cells display nothing. The
dates that are displayed might actually be any date within a month, just formatted as described. So far so good. However, I need
my
advanced filter to only show the rows which contain a date that is in the same month as a cell that is not in the table. That cell
is formatted like the ones in the table and also may be any day of any month. I was able to tinker with the criteria enough to get
it to show only rows in April 06 when my control cell has an April 06 date, but if I changed the control date to a different day
in
a different month it wouldn't show any rows at all. Then if I changed it back to the original control date in April 06 it still
wouldn't show any rows. This is messed up. Plz help.

Richard

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures