Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

Default about drop down list

you dont say what kind of drop down list you have but a forms toolbar
combobox or a control toolbar combobox can link directly to a macro.Otherwise
a data validation list could utilize a worksheet change event to trigger your
macro....is the macro necessary?cant you carry out your calculations on the
sheet itself?
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"cox" wrote:

I created a drop down list say at a10. The list appears in a18:a20 whose
contents are 4,5,6. So when I click at a10 and choose, I can insert either of
4, 5 or 6 at a10. But what I need is some result computed using a macro say
macro1 using the choice 4 or 5 or 6 (whatever I choose) and the result to be
inserted at a10. How do I do this?

In other words if macro1 computes respectively 12, 34 or 76 using the data
4, 5 or 6. Then when I select 4, 12 should be inserted in a10, if I select 5,
34 will be inserted in a10 etc. I hope I made the problem clear. The data in
the example are arbitrary - the macro computes the result. An obvious related
question is how do I pass the selected data in list to macro1.