Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kassie

Default How do I increment a number by1 each time I access it?

Glad I could point you in the right direction! Thanks for the response.

"charlotte awning" wrote:

Thanks, that will work very well. Exactly whay I need.

"kassie" wrote:

There are 3 ways of doing this; using the registryto store a number - and a
macro to increment it and paste it to your proposal, using a macro to
increment a stored value by 1, and using a text file to store the number, and
a macro to increment and paste it to your proposal. Check out J E
McGimpsey's site to see how to use the registry. I think this method is
best, as nobody is going to accidentally wipe your number.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

"charlotte awning" wrote:

I use a shell proposal form in EXCEL want to be able to incrementally add 1
to the proposal number each time I access the shell.