Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leon Jaeggi

Default find data in adjacent cell

I have been given a excel sheet of 50+ columns 2000+ rows and all over the
place are the some 2500 names and telephone numbers and lots of rubbish -
fortunately the telephone number that belongs to each name is 2 rows down in
the same column. (On a row with other names and lots of rubbish) If you Look
for X, Y, and H names and numbers below you can see what I mean.

X-name rubbish rubbish H-name
rubbish Y-name rubbish rubbish
X-number rubbish rubbish H-number
rubbish Y-number J-name

I have a separate sheet of 400+ names I want the telephone numbers for. All
of my 400 names and numbers are in the 50x2000 row sheet

How can I search for X-name (out of my list) and put in the next column the
number that relates to it from the 50x2000 sheet (two rows down in the same
column)
So I end up with;

X-name X-number
Y-name Y-number