Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default cannot start the source application for this object in excel

Thanks for verifying that it works. I wasn't 100% certain.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Philip Mollica" wrote in message
Sure enough, I installed just the Org Chart from Office 2000 and it
allowed
me to edit the object. Thank you so very much for the quick response!
--
Philip Mollica
President

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

The applets which created such things as org charts in Office were
changed
for Office 1003, and apparently the new applets aren't clever enough to
open
the old objects. I imagine it's possible to get back the older applets. I
did this to get back Photo Editor, which was removed by the Office 2003
installation. Insert a CD for an older version of Office. Choose custom
installation, and when you get a shopping list of components, uncheck
everything except for the item in Office Tools (or similarly named tree
branch). This should install and register the selected component.

Let us know if this worked.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Philip Mollica" wrote in
message
An Excel file created in Excel 2000. It has an organizational chart.
Replaced
computer and running Office 2003 SBE. Can open spreadsheet, but when I
double-click the chart object to edit, receive a "cannot start the