Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date function

Hi
Try this:
=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0)-A2
with your date in A2
Format the cell as general.

AndyB.

"boardmaker" wrote
in message ...

Sometimes I feel stupid. I've been trying to create a formula for hours
and never thought to look for a forum. Is there a way that if I enter a
date in say A1 as 5/4/06 that excel will then in A2 subtract that date
from the end of it's month to give me the remaining days. But the
formula needs to work for all months. So if I enter that date it will
go to the month of may and subtract. But, my next date may be 2/4/04.
So it need to work with all months. Is this even possible? Thanks for
the help and I know I will have a lot more questions for everyone.

--
boardmaker
boardmaker's Profile: