Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic LeVasseur

Default Importing data into Excel

Hi DGMarsh,

If you can't get the import filter to work for you, you could separate them
after they are in Excel.

First though, what happens when you import the data? Is the street in the
same cell as the city/state/zip? Or are they in different cells/rows? How
about in the import wizard - same line or different line?

"DGMarsh" wrote:

can I extract a portion of a field based on a carraige return in the data.
In other words, I have an extract from a program that gives me the address as
two lines seperated by a carraige return. i.e.
1234 Anystreet
<carraige return
Anytown, ST ZIPCD

I want to be able to get the city into a column of its own, but the import
filters don't seem to be able to make the distinction to make the seperation
of fields.

HELP!!!