Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adamb

Default Cell calculate only once

How can I have a cell calculate only once?
Example:
Equation in cell D7 "=A1+B1"
So if I create this equation in cell D7 yesterday and A1 and B1 both equal
"1" at that time D7 will display a "2".
So today I change cell A1 to a "3". I don't want D7 to change to a "4". I
want to copy the equation in D7 to Cell D8 and I want D8 to show a value of 4
and for D7 to not update so it always shows a value of 2.
So basically the equation only calculates once, when it was created. So
cells D7, D8,.... are giving me a history of the sum of the values from A1
and B1 as they change day to day.
Thanks for the help
Adam