Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gall

Default comparing column values

Max,
Thanks!!!!!! It works!!!!!!

I fully don't understand the formula, but I will sit down and examine it and
break it down till I fully do!!!!!

Have a great Holiday Weekend!

"Max" wrote:

One way ..

Assuming product numbers in cols A & B, from row1 down, where
Col A = existing product numbers
Col B = new & existing product numbers (randomly mixed together)

Put in C1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"",INDEX(B:B,MATCH (SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0)))

Put in D1:
=IF(B1="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"",ROW() ))

Select C1:D1, fill down to last row of data in col B

Col C will auto-extract the new product numbers in col B,
with all results neatly bunched at the top
--
Max
Singapore
"gall" wrote:
I have two columns with product numbers in them. The first column has
product numbers from the begining of the month. The second column has
product numbers from the end of the month.

I would like to compare them against eachother and find all the new product
numbers. So the new product numbers in the second column.

I was thinking there might be a function to do this but can't figure this
out.

Thanks,
Tricia Gall