Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Hide a specific number in a cell

How about just putting that code into another cell in another column?

You could even hide the column when you wanted to.

Rhondarp wrote:

Hi, I need to sort a list by priority. However, I will not be using a
"Priority" column.

I will be sorting this list first by "Contributor" and then by "Category".
It is within the "Category" that I need to prioritize without making visible
changes to the category value. Therefore, in order to display the rows as
needed, I need to insert a '1' in front of the category name for the top
priority, '2' for the second priority and so forth (e.g., 1Support, 2Support,
3Firewall, etc. Therefore, regardless if the "Category" values are the same
or different, they will always sort in order of the "Priority" number that I
put there.

My problem is that I don't want the number to display or print. Just the
"Category" names.

Can someone help or provide a better solution? Thank you so much.

--

Dave Peterson