Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default organising reciepts

Assuming your receipts are in column A
In B1 put =A1
In B2 put =B1+A1 and copy down
In C1 put =INT(B1/5000)+1 and copy down

Column C will then show you the "groups" in 5000 increments. Column A can
be in any order, sorted ascending, decending, or random.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"oykhan" wrote:

When making my spending reports I have to organize lots of receipts in a
particular way. Say I have spent 80,000 in a year and I have 100 reciepts of
different amounts for things I have purchased. I need to organize them in
batches of 5000 each. I was thinking maybe if I enter the data for all
reciepts in Excel and ask it to compile reciepts so that I get groups of
reciepts that add up to 5000 or less. I am a casual user of Excel and I am
not sure if Excel is able to achieve this. If it can I will appreciate if
anyone can direct me in the right direction so I can make my own spreadsheet.
If there is an add-in available it would be great.

I will appreciate any advice or comments.

Thanks very much

OYK