Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BuzzinHornet

Default Excel 2007 Custom Error Bars

I cannot seem to get custom error bars to work on charts in excel 2007. I
have a set of data, eight numerical y values, and each one has a different
standard deviation. I plot a histogram and use custom error bars selecting
+/- my deviations from the worksheet (which are approx 10% of numerical value
so easy to see) and then click ok but nothing appears on my chart just two
circles (doing the same in excel 2003 works fine, I see them fine). If I
create the error bars in excel 2003 and open them in 2007 they appear and
when I go into custom error bars the correct worksheet cells appear, however
if I click ok they dissapear (clicking cancel they remain). Its infuriating!
Any suggestions?