bsh152s

Default Advanced color chart

I have some range data based on speed and altitude of a projectile. I would
like to make a singe 2D chart with speed and altitude along the x and y axes.
The range data would then be plotted in different colors/shades. For
instance, the darker the shade, the larger the range. And obviously, the
legend would have to include a color pallete indicating what ranges go with
what colors.

For points with no data, the colors would be interpolated between existing
points.

Another real-world example of this type of plot would be a temperature based
weather map where the x and y axes are latitude/longitude and temperature is
shown in different colors/shades.

Is this possible in Excel? I think that this type of chart would be easy to
read and would also illustrate a lot of information.