Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kazuki

Default Excel same Formula in different columns-calculate columnwise?

Thanks Andy, it helps. and it's very easy too.

"Andy" wrote:

Hi
You should be able to drag the formula across once it's right. It will
automatically increase the column reference for you. To drag the formula
across, use the little + sign in the bottom right-hand corner.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Kazuki" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet, which collects a particular data for different
people
and different fields.
It essentially looks like this:
Fields A B C D
aa 1 3 1 2
ab 2 1 1 2
ca 1 2 1 1
dd 1 2 2 2
rd 3 3 1 2
fg 3 4 1 1
ef 4 2 2 3
tf 1 2 2 1
tt 1 2 1 2
sd 2 1 2 2
ss 2 1 2 2
df 1 1 2 2
where the letters in the forst column specify names of persons and A, B,
C,
D... specify the field in which the persons have scored the levels(1, 2,
3, 4)

In this sheet, I have 4 more rows at the bottom like this:
Level 1 6
Level 2 3 6
Level 3 2 2
Level 4 1 0

6 in the first row is the number of "Level1"s in A, 3 the no of "level 2"s
in A.
0 at the last is the number of "level 4" in D. and so on....

The question is: I have hundreds of numbers like this in the same sheet.
for
all the columns, I cannot go on saying =COUNTIF(B2:B13,1) to find the
number
of 1's in field B!
Is there some way to give the formula so that, it calculated the similar
data range in every column and puts the amount in the specified cell?