Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo

Default This example in Excel Help is wr

I find using the 2 Excel worksheet functions below

LOGNORMDIST(4, 3.5, 1.2) = 0.039084
NORMSDIST((LN(4 / 3.5)) / 1.2) = 0.5443013

The 2 results above do not obey the relation stated in excel Help for
LOGNORMDIST:

LOGNORMDIST(x, μ, σ) = NORMSDIST((ln(x) - ln(μ)) / σ)

I corrected the right hand side of the above equality from the one given in
Excel Help: NORMSDIST((ln(x) - μ) / σ)

It seems to me that the worksheet function LOGNORMDIST is wrong.

Thank you for any feedback,

Eduardo

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions