Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gublues

Default Vlookup and isblank (or ???)

Sorry, The VLookup is located in cell J5.

Good suggestion Pete_UK, but it solves only some of my problems.

Alt. 1 using -1 in vlookup
It partly works if I use a conditional formatting (white font if cell value
less than 0) in the cells J5 and K5 (goals scored and goals against) (-1 does
not look nice on printouts). I get into problems or I have to have so many
if's when adding the goals for each team (the formula for team no 1 for goals
scored is (+J5+J7+J9).

The other suggestion also works partially, but same problem arise there.

So, I have to manually adjust so many cells that I hope someone has a easier
one to implement.

Thanks anyway

Pete_UK skrev:

Why not return a negative number (eg -1) and have your formula in T5
check for a negative number before doing what it does at the moment?
Or, rather than use ISBLANK you could keep things as they are and have
the formula in T5 do something like:

=IF(AND(J5="",K5=""),"no result yet", what_you_want_it_ to_do)

I'm not sure where the VLOOKUP formula above is actually located - is
this in T5?

Hope this helps.

Pete