Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Default Counting multiple variables in a worksheet for summary on another

Hi Ew,

try a formula like this:

assuming that you have 3 columns and "BJ" are in column C, "July" on D and
"I$R" on E

=sumproduct(--($C$2:$c$8="BJ"),--($D$2:$D$8="July"),--($E$2:$E$8="I&R"))

Adust the range as your convinience and also you could change "BJ" and
others to a Cell to change your variables.

Hope this helps
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"E.W." escreveu:

I am trying to sum the number of times BJ performs I&R in july, three
variables (BJ, July, I&R). I want a real number, like it happened 5 times. I
have it set up as a database so the social workers can just use the drop-down
lists in the columns. This is a text count with no numbers involved. I have a
comprehensive summary worksheet in the same workbook where I want to house
the formulas and summary functions.