JE McGimpsey

The regular Currency format by default doesn't have the $ floating to
the left. However, you can make it float if you put the "* " to the
right of the $:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom "Total:"$* #,##0.00

If the formatted text doesn't fit, try widening the column.

Try playing with the format, and look at the "About custom number
formats" topic in XL Help.

In article ,
"L/P" wrote:

That worked except when I go over $9,999.99 it throw the right-sided 9 past
cell line on right.
IOW- the $ does not float to the left,
and the "," is not showing/printing.. Ex: $9999.99 (no biggy).

I don't mean to be "picky", I'm trying to learn how to format.
Should I just play with it(format/formula) or is there an easier way?