Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Smith

Default Need some help on a formula please

Thanks Biff, it worked very nicely. Thanks to Bob Phillips as well for his
input.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

This assumes that there will be at least 6 scores and the "best" scores are
the highest scores:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(K5:K12,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

Biff

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
nk.net...
Cells K5 through K12 have 8 game scores. Best 6 scores are counted. I'm
trying to remove the two worst scores and do an average on the remaining
six, and keep coming up with error messages.

Last formula I tried that didn't work was
=AVERAGE(K5:K12)-SUM(SMALL(K5:K12,{1,2}))

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated :)

TIA,

Bob