Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel column sumif is incorrect

Hi
You could try this:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($X$3:$X$629="8850"),--(,$O$3:$O$629))
and see if you get a similar result.

Andy.

"Joseph Peralta" wrote in message
Thanks for the response, Andy.

Sadly, that's not the case, that was one of the first things I thought of
too. I went through and set all the type cells to text and number cells to
number.

If it matters this is Excel 2007 Beta, I got here from the beta page and
didn't notice this was a general Excel newsgroup.

"Andy" wrote:

Hi
Just a thought. Maybe some of your "8850" cells are actually numbers
which
would be ignored by the formula.

Andy.

"Joseph Peralta" wrote in
message
This is a sheet we use for inventory purposes. The sheet calculates
correctly
in Excel 2000.

There are two columns of data, one containing a number of cases, the
other
the type of case used.

The sumif checks if the case type is equal to "8850", if it is, it sums
the
relevant row in the number of cases column. The exact formula is:

"=SUMIF($X$3:$X$629,"8850",$O$3:$O$629)".

If I copy the data out of the columns into a new sheet and perform the
same
operation it works correctly. However, in the sheet the data is in the
sum
comes out incorrect.