Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel column sumif is incorrect

Hi
Just a thought. Maybe some of your "8850" cells are actually numbers which
would be ignored by the formula.

Andy.

"Joseph Peralta" wrote in message
This is a sheet we use for inventory purposes. The sheet calculates
correctly
in Excel 2000.

There are two columns of data, one containing a number of cases, the other
the type of case used.

The sumif checks if the case type is equal to "8850", if it is, it sums
the
relevant row in the number of cases column. The exact formula is:
"=SUMIF($X$3:$X$629,"8850",$O$3:$O$629)".

If I copy the data out of the columns into a new sheet and perform the
same
operation it works correctly. However, in the sheet the data is in the sum
comes out incorrect.