Rain

Hi Norman,
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to write these lines in a similar
way ?

excerpt:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Insert shift:=xlToRight
Selection.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy;@"
<<<

Regards,
Rain

"Rain" wrote:

Hi Norman,

It seems to fail while I select the sheet to paste the data on which
I intend to do some formating on some columns and delete some columns.

Error:
------
Run-time error '1004':
Select method of Worksheet class failed

Fails at the step indicated by " *** "

Macro excerpt:
--------------
Sub Macro1(strSheet As String)

If strSheet = "Car Sheet" Then
Sheets(strSheet).Select
Columns(strCol).Select
Selection.Copy
Range("A1").Select
*** Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Columns("B:B").Select
.
.
.
.
.
End Sub

TIA

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Rain,

There should normally be no problem formatting cells or hiding / unhiding
rows or columns on a hidden sheet.

If you post your code or a portion thereof which fails, perhaps more
constructive help can be offered

---
Regards,
Norman

"Rain" wrote in message

I am writing an application using Excel + VBA. I am doing a lot of
calculation on data on one of the worksheets and I wish to have this sheet
hidden. While calculating, I also format some of the columns and delete
some
columns.

It seems like Excel dosen't like this sheet to be hidden. Any reason? Or
should I do something else?

TIA