Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Is this possible?

You could use

INDIRECT("Schedule!"&F1&LEFT(F2,FIND(":",F2)-1)&":"&F1&RIGHT(F2,LEN(F2)-FIND
(":",F2)))

Where F1 holds D (or G) and F2 has 142:147

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace xxxx in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"Brianas" wrote in
message ...

The D value may change though, so as we add and remove columns on the
Schedule sheet it may change. So the next logical question is...

Right now I have the value D alone in a cell, I put it there simply for
my reference as I wrote the rest of the spreadsheet. If I add a column
on the Schedule sheet, somewhere in the middle, this value will change.
If I keep that reference cell (the one with the D) on the worksheet
you've helped me with and I change that value in the future, what is
the best way to flood those changes across?

If D143 needs to be changed to G143 is there an easy way to do this?
Can I flood it similar to the same way we use indirect here ---
(INDIRECT("Schedule!*d*"&F1&":*d*"&F2) ?

--
Brianas
Brianas's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545272