Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero

Default How do i change the default colours for charts in Excel?

Hi heiker23,

To change the default colours, go to ToolsOptionsColor (hate that spelling
:)

If you prefer, have a 'Colour Palette Tool' at
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx that lets you change the whole colour
palette by incrementing HSL values. Also lets you save palettes.

Ed Ferrero
http://www.edferrero.com

I am creating surface charts, and would like the colours to go in a logical
order
(e.g. fading from blue to red - or even just black to white) so that they
are easier to read. I know how to change the colours individually once the
chart is created, but does anyone know how to change the defaults, of how
change all the colours at once to get this effect?

Thanks