Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Formula Help Needed

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(C1:E1,3)=""&A10)*(A3:A6=A9)*(C3: E6))

where A1:E6 is the table, A9 holds QQQQ and A10 holds 919

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"carl" wrote:

My data table is like this:

Symbol Total 549S0A1 919S0B1 919S0A1
Total 245216 44296 41402 16053
QQQQ 20478 1009 2837 1558
MSFT 15754 2107 1857 250
SPY 5314 1143 198
AAPL 5212 231 1167 331

I am looking for a formula to put into the 3rd row below that will take the
value in row 1 and row 2 and return the corresponding value in the table
above - the result is shown below as well. For row 2 below, I was hoping the
formula would be able to look at just the first 3 characters of the table
above - so if there are multiple instances, the formula will sum up the
values.

QQQQ
919
=2837+1558 (4395)