Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dr Sanjay

Default Loading data from Excel to Oracle

Hi All,
I would like to load an Excel spreadsheet directly into a single table in
Oracle. Both the spreadsheet and the table have the same ordering of columns
and have compatable data.

I am aware that a way to achieve this would be to convert the .xls file into
a .csv file and then use sql loader. However, I am interested in doing this
in a quicker/easier way directly from Excel, eg. by adding in some
functionality and clicking on a new button for loading into the database.

We are all able to read from a database in Excel by importing external data.
Surely there is a way to change that data and write it back to the database
from Excel?
kind regards