Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default too many rows in csv file

Make a backup of your original source file and then use notepad to split the
file into 2 or more files, this will solve the to many rows issue.

Then open Excel and select FILE/OPEN. Change the FILES OF TYPE to text
files and then retrieve the of the text files. This will open the Text
Import Wizard. The first screen is where you tell Excel which row to start
the import with. Screen 2 is where you can confirm you delimiter, and screen
3 lets you indicate how each column of data should be translated.

Repeat the FILE/OPEN procedure for the remaining text files.
--
Kevin Backmann

"dan" wrote:

I have a .csv file that consists of thousands of lines (6000 pages when
opened in MS Word).

How can I get that data into excel?

I have seen some knowledge bases do it with a macro but that macro seems to
work only with text files and ignores the fact that my data is a .csv so I
get loads of rows with all my column data all in column A as text with
commas!!!

Please help me - my brain is hurting!