Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DCSwearingen

Default Excel VBA Help Files (*.chm) and Location

I had a similar issue last year.

I posted my problem and the attached response helped me solve the
issue. Just be sure to actually use the DOS Command Prompt if you try
re-registering. I originally tried running the two commands from Start
Run on the Windows Start Button and it did not help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This problem is described in Knowledge Base article 822989
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822989). If installing Critical
Update 811630 or Service Pack 4 isn't an option for you -- or if the
problem persists after you install these items -- then you could try
re-registering the HTML Help ActiveX control. (This is the component
responsible for the links in the help files.) To re-register the
control, open a Command Prompt window and type these two commands:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx

--
Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)

--