Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Default Flashes

I don't know what you mean by flashing in the formula bar, but Excel does
not natively hog the processor unless it's calcing or running a macro. I
suppose it might be an add-in or workbook that's loading automatically when
Excel starts. If you start Excel from Start-Run with "Excel.exe /s" (no
quotes, there is a space before the slash) it will run without loading
anything. If you don't get the processor hogging it would indicate an
add-in (Tools, Add-ins), etc., might be the problem.

--
Jim
"Reginald" wrote in