Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default IF statement with multiple values...

I am not sure I get all this, but couldn't you just use

=LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)

and

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"guy.pembroke" wrote in message

I would like to be able to search a group of cells for particular text,
placing the true of false value in another cell, using this formula;

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("ACP",A2)),"ACP","XXX")

My reason for this is that I have a large amount of data that I need to
break down. I have a column that is listed similar to below;

OR/ACP
OM/ACT
OR/MTS
O/O

The part before the / is 'system code'
The part after the / is 'module code'

I want to be able to have one additional column for system code and one
additional column for module code, without having to manually go through

all
the data and make any amendments to it.

So as a result, (without the correct syntax) with 'S' being the system
Column and 'M' being the module column, what I would like to achieve is;

If cell contains "O/" then S1 = Office but if cell contains "OR/" then S1

=
Office Range but if cell contains "OM/" then S1 = Office Medium

I hope that makes sense.

Obviously repeated for the module column;

If cell contains "/ACP" then M1 = ACP but if cell contains "/ACT" then M1

=
ACT but if cell contains "/O" then M1 = O

I really hope that makes sense!