Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Vlookup in a named range

In this case it's better (or at least easier since one would not get any
spelling errors/misplace or forgotten apostrophes) to use the mouse to
select with and both workbooks open but if you meant that vlookup always
need the other workbook to be open it is not true

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
If you are referencing another workbook in your VLOOKUP formula, I believe
that workbook needs to be open.

Try opening the other workbook....Does the formula work now?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"tuph" wrote:

Can I use vlookup to find data in a named range? I currently have a
list of locations in col A and monthly sales data in cols AP:BB.
(There's a heap of other data in the intervening cols.) I have
included cols A and AP:BB in a range I have named "Sales_FY06".

When I try to build a vlookup formula using the wizard and typing the
range name into the table array field it displays #VALUE against that
field.

My formula looks like this:

=VLOOKUP(B35,'KPIs REPORTS MASTER - FORMULA
TESTING.XLS'!Sales_FY06,10,FALSE)

Thanks in anticipation,

Trish

--