Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Default How do I do this: If A+B = D+E, make RED.

Daniel

Try it,

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip073.htm

Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"daniel981" escreveu:

I have 5500 or so rows/lines of data with 5 columns. Column A is
program1's last names, B is program1's first names, C is just a visual
barrier between name sets, D is program2's last names, and finally E is
program2's first names.

The first thing I need to do is space out column D and E to correlate
with column A and B.

For example:

Code:
--------------------

A B C D E ...
1 prog1last prog1first prog2last prog2first
2 Adams Bill Adams Bill
3 Alberts Mary Alberts Mary
4 Bates Joe Becker Frank
5 Becker Frank Bodine Howard
.
.
.

--------------------

How do I do this? I need to insert a blank spot on line 4D, and 4E so
that it will push "Becker" and "Frank" down to line 5D and 5E. But I
need to do this for 5500+ people. Is there to automate this process?

THEN ( I know, this is beginning to be too much! sorry! )

I need to find a way to go through each line and see if A+B = D+E, and
if it does, make it red.

How, oh how do I do all this?!?

Thank you soooooo much for any help that can be provided. I hope this
makes sense...

--
daniel981
daniel981's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34718