Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack C

Default Sorting data to match existing data

Many Thanks Roger
Jack

"Jack C" wrote:

Hi, I am trying to match financial report data from a Reynolds & Reynolds
business system to data in excel. I need to sort the new data to match an
existing list of accounts. i.e - In a company department there are 90
accounts in the chart of accounts. In reports generated only some of these
will have data, but the accounts without data are omitted from the report so
the fields won't match up when the reports are extracted in excel format.
I think I need to create a template with the list of account No.s in colum
A, but I can't sort the new data(which contains the account no.) to match by
Account No. Is this possible??