Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tenny

Default I can't delete a cell without deleting a row

I am using Excel on a work computer that someone else may have changed the
settings on.

I want to simply delete a cell, without deleing the entire row the cell
belongs to. Yet when I highlight the cell, and go to Edit - Delete, the
program asks me if I want to delete the entire row, and only gives me two
lower cells shift up one).

When I right click, the 'delete' option is not present either. I tried
changing the menu properties to add the 'delete' function, but it will not
delete a cell without taking out the whole row.

Thanks