Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nyla

Default ALT+ENTER = line break

Actually, I closed the file and then re-opened it and the ALT+ENTER worked!!
I just couldn't figure out why those few cells wouldn't work -- Yes, there
were more than one! -- and it did seem to be mostly in one column. I even
re-formatted the column, just to make sure the cells were all the same and,
still, some worked and some didn't!! Very bizarre!

They all work now -- after closing and re-opening the file -- so I guess
I'll never know!!

Thanks to both you and Miguel for trying to help me!! I appreciate it!

"plettieri" wrote:

Did you try copying the format of a cell that works to the cell of
interest that does not work with the ALT+Enter?

plettieri

--
plettieri
plettieri's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34531