Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:53:35 GMT, Wildman wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:41:35 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

=BaseConvert(A1, 10, 32

Hmm mm.... I just get a #NAME? error

cell A1 has 123456 and cell B1 has =BaseConvert(A1, 10, 32)

outcome in B1 is #NAME?

Excel 2003, security medium, OK ed macro to run on startup.

allmost there ;-)

Wildman

I guess you don't have the BaseConvert routine in the correct spot.

After you open the VB Editor, in the Project Explorer window, you should see a
bunch of unexpanded entries, along with an expanded entry that looks something
like:

VBAProject (Book2)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1 (Sheet1)
ThisWorkbook

(Book2) might be, instead, the name of your workbook; same with (Sheet1) might
be the name of your worksheet.

After you select Insert/Module, the same project should look like:

VBAProject (Book2)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1 (Sheet1)
ThisWorkbook
Modules
Module1

Double click on Module1 to ensure that the correct window is open. Then paste
in the BaseConvert code from my previous post.

--ron