Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nyla

Default ALT+ENTER = line break

Miguel,

Didn't work. Thanks for trying to help me.

Nyla

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

One thing you may check if the wrap text option (format-Cells-Aligment
tab). It has to be checked to show the line break in place; it shouldn't
affect the insert, but it may be worth to try.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Nyla" wrote:

What can cause the ALT+ENTER to NOT insert a line break? This usually always
works, but when I tried it at one point today it didn't work. I went to a
different cell and it worked, but the one certain cell would not accept the
ALT+ENTER to insert a line break? Is there a format or something that might
cause this?